Job description of an IT Specialist
Job title: IT specialist
Organisation: Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF)
Category: Non-Profit Ogranisation
Location/City: Buea, SWR-Cameroon
Responsible to:Technical services Division
Number of positions: one (1)
Deadline: open until filled
The Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF) is a Cameroonian non-profit organization founded in 1999. It is the leading National Conservation Organisation in Cameroon.
ERuDeF’s mission is dedicated to the conservation of biodiversity and protection of fragile environments through research, training, education and community engagement. She seeks to “save Rainforests, Conserve species, impact lives”.
ERuDeF is a highly intensive, academic and professional organisation with a very strong drive for excellence and multi-tasking.
Purpose of the role:
Provide services related to software, hardware, databases, Web resources, networks and enterprise systems. The role of this position will also entail network management, software development and database administration.
- Ensure the constant supply of internet in all ERuDeF’s Offices
- Ensure the proper functioning of hardware and software in all staff computers carry out maintenance on staff computers
- Search and bring new information technology in ERuDeF
- Work in close collaboration with the Director, Programme and Planning to raise fund for your department
- present a monthly M/E Report of the projects you are coordinating
- present weekly briefs and monthly reports of your activities to the Director of Communication
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by Management.
- Organisation and management skills
- Leadership and entrepreneur skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Excellent computer skills
- Drive for results
- Task completion; reliable, committed to completing tasks
- Resilience; persistent, respectful, positive and self-resilient
- Accountable; drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Working together with other, relate to people, engages and builds relationships
Required Qualification and Working Experience:
- First degree in computer Engineering is preferable. Other relevant qualifications are acceptable
- Two years of continues work experience
- Relevant knowledge in a project management environment
How to apply:Application files consisting of:
- A C.V.
- Referee statements
- Copies of relevant Certificates
- An attestation of work experience and
- A motivation letter
All applications should be addressed to the Director of Administration and Human Resources ERuDeF P. O. Box 189 Buea, South West Cameroon or by e-mail to: email@example.com