Job title: M&E Officer
Organisation: Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF)
Category: Non-Profit Ogranisation
Location/City: Dschang, West Cameroon
Reporting to: Manager of Mount Bamboutos Initiative (MBI)
Number of positions: one (1)
The Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF) is a Cameroonian non-profit organization founded in 1999. It is the leading National Conservation Organisation in Cameroon. ERuDeF’s mission is dedicated to the conservation of biodiversity and protection of fragile environments through research, training, education and community engagement. She seeks to “Save Rainforests, Conserve Species, Impact lives”. The Mount Bamboutos Initiative (MBI), MBI is a 15 year initiative of the Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF), International Tree Foundation (ITF) and other partners to restore the biodiversity and ecosystem functions of Mt Bamboutos while securing the livelihoods of the local and indigenous
ERuDeF is a highly intensive, academic and professional organisation with a very strong drive for excellence and multi-tasking.
Overview of Position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer reports to the MBI Programme Manager and is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities from start to finish for the project. He/she will provide technical field support to the M&E unit, within the programmes’ department.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for:
- Developing project Logical Frameworks, including appropriate indicators and collaboratively setting targets with project teams.
- Contributing to the development of research and M&E tools.
- Producing simple maps using GIS software to support development of field methodologies and analyses.
- Conducting research and M&E data gathering in the field.
- Leading the writing of M&E reports for the organization and Partner’s use.
- Providing regular feedback to project teams on project progress.
- Present a weekly brief and monthly report of your activities to the MBI Programme Manager
- And any other task that may be assigned by Management
- Master’s Degree is required
- Relevant knowledge in project management environment
- Good knowledge of typical M&E activities (Logframes, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, sampling, analytical approaches, etc.)
- Knowledge of data collection software is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS software e.g., ArcGIS or QGIS is a plus
- Knowledge of analytical software is a plus
- Knowledge of database management.
- Organisation and management skills
- Leadership and entrepreneur skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Excellent verbal, writing, editing and presentation skills are required
- Excellent computer and internet skills
- Working together with others, relate to people, engages and builds relationships
- Drive for results
- Task completion; reliable, committed to completing tasks
- Resilience; persistent, respectful, positive and self-resilient
- Accountable; drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility
How to apply: Application files consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Referee statements
- Copies of relevant Certificates and diplomas
- A motivation letter and
- An attestation of work experience
should be addressed to the Director of Administration and Human Resources ERuDeF
- O. Box 189 Buea, South West Cameroon or by e-mail to: email@example.com