JOB TITLE: CORPORATE MARKETING SPECIALIST
Organisation: Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF)
Category: Non-Profit Organisation
Location/City: Buea, SWR-Cameroon (Maybe relocated to other Regions of Cameroon)
Responsible to: Director of Communication
Number of positions: One (1)
Deadline: Position opened until filled
The Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF) is a Cameroonian non-profit organization founded in 1999. It is the leading National Conservation Organisation in Cameroon.
ERuDeF’s mission is dedicated to the conservation of biodiversity and protection of fragile environments through research, training, education and community engagement. She seeks to “save Rainforests, Conserve species, impact lives”.
ERuDeF is a highly intensive, academic and professional organisation with a very strong drive for excellence and multi-tasking.
Purpose of the role:
Corporate Marketing Specialist, you will promote and sell media products and services offered by the organisation. You will approach potential customers across Cameroon to make sales and maintain an excellent relationship with all clients, and deliver sales report to senior management. Be mission-focused, seasoned, passionate, pragmatic, strategic, and process-minded-person with experience in scaling up a programme. You will be able to help others at ERuDeF deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality.
Within the perspective of this position, you will be responsible to;
i) Secure adverts, press releases, advertorials and subscriptions from individuals, organisations companies and foundations that will lead to the raising of funds for key projects and events
ii) Develop and implement marketing plan for ERuDeF media products
iii) Ensure the distribution of all PR and media products to stakeholders and partners
iv) Implement the agreed action plan and deliver the deliverables within the scheduled time frame and do same with all project events and meetings and produce all the necessary reports
v) Present weekly briefs and monthly reports of your activities to your Head of Department
vi) And any other tasks that may be assigned by Management.
Qualities and skills required:
– Naturally outgoing and sociable
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good negotiation skills and ability to respond to objections
– Organisation and management skills
– Problem solving and analysing skills
– Attention to details
– Basic Computer skills
– Driven for results
– Task completion; reliable, committed to completing tasks
– Resilience; persistent, respectful, positive and self-resilient
– Accountable; drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility
– Working together with other, relate to people, engages and builds relationships
Required training and working experience:
· Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication, marketing or related fields.
· One year of continues working experience in a similar position; preferable in a media house or Corporation
· Proactive and ability to work independently, and in a team
· Ability to identify root causes of problems and proposed solutions
· Be a computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft office (words, excel, PowerPoint, publisher etc)
· Have a relevant knowledge about project management
· Be a strong networker capable of building partnership and relationship with communities, groups, government, Civil Society, private sectors and donors
· Ability to achieve results, manage and prioritise workload
· Be self-motivated, positive altitude, flexible and adoptable
Note that the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirement of ERuDeF and its partners.
How to apply: Application files consisting of:
a. A C.V.
b. Referee statements
c. Copies of relevant Certificates
d. An attestation of experience and
e. A motivation letter
Should reach the Head office of ERuDeF Buea. All applications should be addressed to the Director of Administration and Human Resources ERuDeF P. O. Box 189 Buea, South West Cameroon or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The retained candidate will be based in Buea, SWR-Cameroon but should be prepared to work in any of ERuDeF’s projects sites in Cameroon.