The Environment and Rural Development Foundation (ERuDeF) is a non-profit Cameroonian conservation organization established in 1999. ERuDeF has been working for over two decades across Cameroon and has significantly contributed towards restoring fragile eco-systems, regeneration of forest through plantation and agroforestry, conservation of biodiversity through wildlife habitat protection and protected area management, promoting environmental education, as well as empowering rural communities through innovative economics and livelihood development programs.
The Chief Executive Officer is seeking the services of three (03) highly qualified communication officers respectively in charge of (i) public relation, corporate marketing and branding, (ii) broadcast, documentary and photography and (iii) print, online and social media to join the communication team. These are full-time positions and the prospective candidates will work in the division of communication and will perform the followings;
- Communicating for all programs in ERuDeF i.e., covering events, workshops and programs of the organization to create articles, news/media pieces documentaries which will be added to the organization’s repertoire;
- Creating, curating and managing on a daily basis the organization’s branding efforts by developing relevant content topics to reach target customers, clients and potential funders;
- Search Engine Optimization for all its websites in coordination with the Brand Manager; translating concepts, ideas and documents into appealing and encouraging online content and info graphics which will increase web traffic and maintain desired search engine results;
- Liaising with all Senior Program Officers to analyse performance for all marketing and sensitizing efforts; identify areas of high use and areas that require promotion and/or further development in each project landscape;
- Creating, reviewing and editing content assigned for both offline and online publications;
- Assisting in the planning and execution of communication campaigns and events.
Required skills and qualifications
- MSc/MA in communication/ digital marketing/ journalism from any recognized University, past work experience and a steady track record;
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and video editing skills and advanced knowledge on media metrics and social media analytics;
- One to two years of progressive experience in a digital role where candidate demonstrated excellent brand building strategies which led to a quantifiable increase in exposure of the organization;
- Advanced knowledge in English language, French language is an advantage;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Excellent judgement and corporate language when communicating with/selecting content to disseminate to the community;
- Ready to undergo training in environmental science, biology, botany/plant science, earth science, ecology, geology, geography and land management is considered a plus.
Composition of Application File: All application files should consist of; a curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, attestation of service if available, medical certificate not older than three months, photocopy of national identity card, two passport size photographs and a motivation letter addressed to the Director of Administration and Human Resource, ERuDeF P.O. Box 189 Buea, Southwest Cameroon.
Remuneration: The pay package for this position is very encouraging and negotiable based on experience and track record from previous positions.
Location of Position: The prospective candidate will be expected to work at ERuDeF Head Office Buea and travel nation-wide.
Mode of Application: All application files are expected to be deposited at the ERuDeF Head Office Buea or by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are opened until positions are filled.
ERuDeF is an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, gender, religion and ethnic origin.